Saturday, September 24, 2011

My state of Web 2.0

I'm trying to adopt as many of the Web 2.0 tools as I can while in Prof. Franks class.  Sometimes it's slow going though.  Or at least it feels that way.  Here's a list of what I feel I've accomplished:


  • Set up my own blog and am making an effort to post topically at least once a week.
  • Got a twitter gadget (and button) on my blog and making an effort to tweet at least once a day even if it is a retweet.
  • Had trouble following every one's blog in class besides the ones I personally follow, so I broke down and setup a blog aggregator (Google Reader) and find it very convenient. 
  • Following a few more twitter feeds pertaining to archives.
  • Discovered the world of wikis and started one for my current job (a la Dennehy & Burke).
  • Actually got an edited video up on YouTube.

Now a list of what I feel I need to work on or get more information about:

  • I could follow everyone's twitter in class if I only knew what their twitter handle was!
  • I've done some stuff with Flickr, but have not really integrated it with this class yet.
  • Podcasts??!!
  • Not looking forward to Facebook.

Here's a Jing capture of my work wiki if only to have something to look at:




It's a bit of a sample email I use at work constantly.



No comments:

Post a Comment